CFSNova with CFSupport
The Northern Virginia (NOVA) CFS/ME, FMS, & OI Support and Gratitude Groups
Q & A, Our Way - Index
Insightful, Conversational, Encouraging,
Long-winded Answers to Questions from Experience
CFS/ME, FM/FMS, OI and similar syndromes
What to Do First
- Q. Are there in-person meetings?
- Q. I'm Newly Diagnosed. Now What?
- Q. How do I use this Website most Effectively?
Cognitive / Mental Processing, Vision, Hearing
- Q. Do people have trouble reading/comprehending?
- Q. Do people have early cataracts or floaters?
- Q. Have others stopped listening to music?
- Q. Is it possible to get Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) and Medicare ?
Q. Can chills be related to dehydration?
Q. Do others have trouble getting a satisfying breath?
Q. Is there help for tense and achy shoulders and neck? [Coat Hanger Pain]
Q. What is Orthostatic Intolerance (OI) and the connection to CFS/ME & FM?
Q. Did you say I might have OI if . . . ?
Q. I'm tired and overwhelmed and don't want another condition.
Why does it help to know about OI?
Q. What does it feel like to have the different types of OI?
Q. What are symptoms of Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome / Dysautonomia (MVPS/D)?
Q. Why does a CFS/FM group discuss MVPS/D?
Anesthesia / Surgical Procedures / Medical ID
Q. Anesthesia & Procedure Preparation:
What's different if I have CFS, FM, OI, MVPS?
Q. Where do I find medical ID bracelets and wallet Cards?
I'd like to list my drug sensitivities somewhere!
Communication About Illness
Q. Naming vs Describing Symptoms: Why is that important? Why don't people understand my "anxiety"?
- Q. If I can only attend one meeting a year, and I like food and quiet parties, is the POTS Luck for me?
Help Around The House
Q. Is there help for organizing, paperwork, shopping, cleaning, personal care?
- Q. Any words to help me help my spouse?
Functional Clothing: Bib Aprons, Support Hose
- Q. Is everyone else clumsy, spilling stuff?
- Q. Are support hose really worth the trouble? Where do I get them?
Q. What is HeartMath? Why do you mention it?
Q. Where can I learn about your companion group dedicated to attitude and gratitude?
Q. Do others with ME/CFS, FMS, and/or OI feel detached at the holidays?
Please use what you find here for your own rewards and at your own risk. We write from experience. Consult medical and legal practitioners as needed. We'd like to hear how we've helped and/or your questions not addressed here. If inspired, please contact us.
Updated December 19, 2015